Sunday 30 January 2011

snow

After much anticipation, it finally snowed this afternoon!

It was very cold the day before, thought that it would snow. But the sun came out just before noon, and no signs of snow.

Continued to be chilly today.

Gals and I went out for a short while and were back about 2pm. Then gals decided to play outside while I vacuumed the floor.

While vacuuming, I faintly heard some shouting. Switched off the machine and realised that Rachelle was yelling for me from downstairs.

When I reached the veranda, she was no longer there. Then I noticed some stuff floating in the air. Reminded me of 7th month festivities, the ashes flying everywhere. So I quickly entered the house and shut the windows, worried that they will fly into the house and dirty my newly vacuumed floors.

Then I thought to myself, no burning of incense here what? How can that be ashes? Then it dawned upon me that it was actually snow!

I went out again, and yes, indeed it was snowing! =)

Quickly went downstairs to join the gals. It was freezing, but it was so fun standing in the snow.

It snowed for just about an hour before the sun shone through the clouds again, and melted whatever little snowfall there was.

A pretty sight! =)

No comments: