Wednesday 26 January 2011

bicycle 2

Rachelle learnt to ride a bicycle about 2 years ago. She can now handle an adult's bicycle. I find it amazing cos the bicycle is definitely too big and tall for her. The way she mounts and demounts, is like how the old uncles do. One foot on pedal, push bike forward and mount. Coming off the bike is also in a similar fashion.

She has been asking for permission to run errands for us using the bike. But because I was still not willing to let go, she has not done so, till today.

We were out of milk and the supermarket is about 10min walk from where we stay. She begged for a chance to prove to me that she can handle the bike and get the milk.

I granted her permission.

The whole time she was gone, I think I never stopped praying. Wondering if she knows how to watch for traffic since she would be cycling on the road. Wondering if she knew the route there and back.

She was back very soon and looking very confident and proud of herself.

I was happy and proud of her too.
That means she can help me run more errands! =)

No comments: