Friday 4 February 2011

over-priced dinner

Since it was the first day of CNY, we decided to have non-Japanese food, we settled for Singaporean food. I was really looking forward to dinner. But I guess my expectations were not met.

My conclusion: There is NO Singaporean food in Japan.
Nothing comes quite as close.

These were what we ordered.

One chicken.
Half white, half fried. The fried half was a huge disappointment. It was more like a piece of chicken cutlet. And there was definitely not a whole bird there.

Buttered prawns.
When the dish was served, it looked like our cereal prawns back at home. It looked yummy till the taste test. Tasted too much of coconut, I dont know why. There were only 5-6 prawns.

Black carrot cake.
Major disappointing. Cake was too starchy. Not fragrant.

Hokkien mee.
Looked really good, promising. But I felt that it had too strong a fishy smell to it.

Char siew, Shio bak and Shio ak platter.
Portions were miserable. The amount for each type of meat was about what you would find on a regular plate of char siew rice in Singapore.

And all of the above cost 9,000yen, which works out to be about $140.

We all agreed that the chicken rice that I made some time back was much yummier than what we had. Dont think we are gonna eat there again.

No comments: