Wednesday 2 February 2011

more tarts

The previous batch of pineapple tarts were so good that it gave me the courage to try again. And it so happened that the canned pineapples were on offer too! =)

Being braver, I decided to make smaller ones and shaped them into balls. Topped each one of them with a little cheese too. I was actually trying to replicate those that I had bought from HG central last year.

It was all fun till I took the pineapple filling out from the fridge. I then realised that I had cooked them too long this time. They were a tad too dry and became hard very quickly. I quickly added some water and steamed it for a bit. And continued with the process. Put them into the oven and hoped for the best.


They looked ok after about 30min in the oven. After they had cooled a bit, it was time for the taste test. It tasted great and I was so happy.


When Joanna came back from school and tried one, she said that it was too hard. Then I took one. Yes, the filling became harder after it was cooled. Much like those biscuits with the pineapple jam in between, the sticky, chewy type which they sell in large tins at coffee stalls.

But the taste was still ok, with a cup of hot tea, it was still good. =)


Now I am thinking if I should keep this as a tradition. To bake pineapple tarts for CNY every year. =P

Blessed Lunar New Year to you! =)

No comments: