Tuesday 22 March 2011

instant curry

We were supposed to host a simple dinner tonight. Just 2 of them. It was to be a really simple dinner of Okonomiyaki (japanese pancake) and Gyoza. Dinner would be served at 7pm.

At about 5pm, I was asked if we have enough for 1 more person. It was really tough to say no when that person was already either here or making his way here.

I had only 500g of chicken (frozen), 1 carrot, 1 onion and some frozen wedges. Had intended to make Japanese curry for tomorrow's dinner.

But decided to use the same ingredients to make a Singaporean curry instead. Defrosting the chicken in this weather was really challenging. Thank God for the defrosting mode in our intelligent microwave. Thank God that I had wedges and not raw potatoes. Raw potatoes would have taken a lot longer to soften.

By 6pm, I was ready to serve the curry chicken. =)

With that meal, I now have only to prepare 1 more lunch tomorrow and I can seriously start to pack the kitchen after that.

No comments: