Wednesday 25 August 2010

so blessed... i cant contain it..!

after contemplating... praying... talking... over the last 3 weeks... my family and i finally decided that i should take up the offer and be a part of Oops! Asia Singapore...

and so... the email was sent out this morning... and the things that happened following that was simply amazing... =)

there is this opportunity for me to go to perth in oct cos of the ministry that i will soon be joining when i return next year... and the ministry has even extended the invitation for me to take the gals along with me on this trip... of course the gals were elated...

but due to cost... the gals understood that they may end up not going...

so in my email... i asked for permission to be excused from this trip... if i were not able to arrange for childcare for the gals during that period... but assured them that i will try my best to make it for the trip...

i began searching for the cheapest flights from tokyo to perth... there were no direct flights... at least 1 stop over... either in sydney or in singapore... and the cheapest one makes me stop over in singapore for over 8hrs..!

at that point... a thought came to my mind... that i can actually spend some time in singapore in between flights..! and at that very same moment... my dad came online... and we talked...

then he too... encouraged me to take the gals along with me...

with that we both searched the net for the cheapest fares... then we realised that it was cheaper for us to book the flights separately... i book the flight from tokyo to singapore... while my dad helped me book from singapore to perth..!

a lot of coordination went on... cos the timings need to match... needed to factor time to check out and also to check in for the next flight...

after trying a few permutations... getting very excited along the way... we arrived at the best one...

gals and i will arrive in singapore... in the evening... spend the night with my dad... eat chicken rice... laksa... char kway teow... then next morning... meet the team from Oops!... and take the flight to perth...

upon returning... we'll leave with the team on the same flight for singapore... reaching in the evening... spend another night with my dad... eat durian... chili crab... orh luak... then the next morning... leave for tokyo...

and the best part of it all... we get to save over $1300 by doing it this way..! =)

God is so good..!

No comments: