Thursday 11 March 2010

red tape

instructions given me before hubby left for japan... was to count back 7 days before our departure... call C to arrange for a time to collect our official passports...

our official passports have already been made last year... but we cannot hold on to them for more than a stipulated period of time... as policy states for official passports...

being the kiasu that i am... i called them not jus 7 days before we leave... but 9 days... yesterday...

called C... he didnt sound very friendly... i introduced myself... stated the purpose of my call... he asked me who i was... not once but twice... asked me where i was going... not once... but twice... then told me that he needs an email from hubby's company... so that he can release the passports...

faint... and we all know how 'efficient' govt bodies are when it comes to writing emails...

so i sms hubby and asked for his help... in the evening... he called me and told me that he had called D... D then asked him to ask M to email her... so that D can then tell C to release the passports... *faint again*

asked hubby for D's number instead... so that i can call her direct... cos by the time i hear from hubby again the next day... another working day would have been lost...

so i called D jus now... she said that she is going to see C to ask about the procedure... *fainted*... then will get back to me in the afternoon... then when i asked of her to help expedite the collection... she turned round and asked me why have i only waited till now to arrange for the collection of the passports... *i is wanna slap her you know*

anyways... really pray that this hurdle will be crossed by today... smoothly... without any more glitches...

No comments: