Thursday 4 February 2010

dokushin (single)

Lesson 2
lesson on numbers... sensei asked us for our age... we were to reply in japanese... i'm always called first as my name appears first on the register...

trying to be cheeky... and oso trying to inject some life into the class... i planned to say that i was 18... and then my real age when found out... =P

so there i went...
'watashi wa ju-hachi desu.' (i am 18)
*silence*

sensei went on to call out another persons name...

so i left it as it was... feeling good of course... =)

Lesson 3
learnt to ask questions in japanese and answering them... sensei asked another person to ask me some questions...

sensei to student
'tel roslyn-san that you are single and ask her if she is also single.'

student to me
'watashi wa dokushin desu. anata mo dokushin desu ka.'
(i am single, are you also single?)

me to student
'iie, watashi wa dokushin dewa arimasen.'
(no, i am not single.)

*pause*

sensei to me
'you are married?'

me to sensei
'hai, so desu.'
(yes, i am.)

sensei to me *eyes lit*
'but you are only 18.'

LOL...

it was then when i confessed i was not 18... hiaks...
couldnt stop smiling after that... =)

No comments: